Veggiepatties with onionsauce
Vegetarian version of "pannbiff med lök"
- Servings4 Portions
- AllergensEggs, Milk, Wheat
- Cook Time60 min
I love pan steak with onions and it's far too long between the occasions that I make it. Every time I catch myself and promise to do it more often, but it never happens. Now, however, some good patties of beetroot and halloumi managed to appear, which I tried a lot of different things to serve with and then I thought of pan steak with onions again. So this is my (very successful in my opinion) way of making the vegetarian patties even better.
I use half a bouillon cube in this recipe and think it turns out quite well. It all depends on how much you choose to reduce at the end, but if it goes too far, just add a little water. However, I usually add a little salt at the end, but simply taste and decide for yourself.
This recipe is actually a combination of other recipes such as Beetroot and halloumi patties, Pannbiff with onion and also Quick pickled cucumber and I thought it worked very well together. A, for me anyway, perfect vegetarian meal.
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Set the oven to 250°C.
- Peel and coarsely grate the beetroot.
- Grate the cheese coarsely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and stir until all ingredients are evenly distributed in the batter.
- Shape 8 patties and place on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Cook in the middle of the oven, 15-20 minutes. Turn them over halfway through.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Fry the onion in the butter at a medium temperature until it softens.
- Sprinkle over the flour and possibly some of the water - mix and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour in the rest of the water and other ingredients.
- Reduce for about 10 minutes until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Taste with salt and black pepper.
- Boiled potatoes
- Quick pickled cucumber