Skagenmix on potato chips
Easiest snack at the New Year's buffet.
- Servings30 Portions
- AllergensEggs, Fish, Milk, Shellfish
- Cook Time15 min
Yes, I don't think it can get any easier than this. A fantastically good Skagen mix on potato chips that will surely be a hit as a snack for a welcome drink at the New Year's buffet or other similar festivities. Minimal effort doesn't always mean minimal taste.
In the recipe I use potato chips from Estrella (caramelised red onion), but this year I also tried "browned butter and chili" which was almost even better. There are probably a lot of other flavors that are also great and it is very easy to test yourself to find what you like best.
I use frozen whole prawns that I peel myself as I think they turn out significantly better than the pre-peeled and then frozen ones that you can find in many stores. 400g prawns with shell will be approx. 160g without shell.
After spooning the mixture onto the chips, you should eat them fairly quickly so that the chips are still crispy without having absorbed too much of the liquid from the skagen mix.
|Energy||1311.96 kcal||43.73 kcal||348 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||29.82 g||0.99 g||7.91 g|
|Fat||62.96 g||2.1 g||16.70 g|
|Protein||35.78 g||1.19 g||9.49 g|
|Sugar||5.81 g||0.19 g||1.54 g|
|Salt||7.35 g||0.25 g||1.95 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Peel the prawns. If necessary, divide the prawns into smaller parts.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Chop the dill.
- Mix prawns, cream cheese, mayonnaise, red onion, dill, lumpfish roe, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Leave covered in the fridge for a few hours.
- Place a dollop of skagen mix on a potato chip and then place on a serving plate. The chips may be thrown around a bit on the plate, some kind of paper towel underneath usually solves that problem.
- Optionally, garnish with a small sprig of dill.