Very good lobster soup for the New Year's celebration
- Servings2 Portions
- AllergensMilk, Shellfish
- Cook Time120 min
Here is a good lobster soup that I used for the New Year's celebration. The recipe can be prepared the day before and completed in 10 minutes before serving.
There are a lot of different versions of lobster bisque, but I think this is probably my favorite. Of course it takes some time, but a lot of the time is just waiting for the broth to boil.
I am assuming that you bought a pre-cooked lobster of between 400g and 500g. If you have a raw lobster, it should be boiled quickly for about 5 minutes and allowed to cool before starting with this recipe.
I have also set this recipe to be for 2 people, but it all depends on how you want to use the soup. If this is served with a lot of other food (at a buffet, for example) it is excellent for 4 people as well. So there will be 2 large portions of this recipe.
|Energy||2166.45 kcal||1083.23 kcal||101 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||40.97 g||20.48 g||1.91 g|
|Fat||152.72 g||76.36 g||7.12 g|
|Protein||98.24 g||49.12 g||4.58 g|
|Sugar||26.81 g||13.41 g||1.25 g|
|Salt||10.51 g||5.26 g||0.49 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C and grill.
- Crack the lobster's claws and peel out the meat. Peel the tail and pick out the meat. Store the meat in a jar in the fridge until serving. Save all the shell and put this in an ovenproof dish.
- Roast the shells in the oven for about 7 minutes.
- Peel/finely chop the vegetables.
- In a larger saucepan (3-5 litres), fry the onion, carrot and celery in the butter. Add the fennel after a few minutes and continue to saute.
- Add coarsely chopped garlic, chili (finely chopped without seeds), tomato puree and paprika powder - fry for a few minutes
- Then add the grilled lobster shells and fry for a minute while stirring.
- Pour in the wine and give it a few minutes on high heat.
- Pour in the water and add the bay leaves. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove any foam with a spoon.
- Let simmer on a low temperature for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the shells and strain the liquid into another saucepan. Squeeze the liquid out of the vegetables a little.
- You can prepare up to this point. You then save the broth in the fridge until it is time to serve.
- Pour the broth and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper if needed.
- Divide the lobster meat into soup bowls and then pour over the hot soup.
- Garnish with dill.