Chicken and Pesto Lasagne
Simple lasagna with chicken and pesto
Here is a simple recipe for a lasagne made with minced chicken and pesto. I have not actually made lasagna with chicken before so I had to try a few different varieties and test around with ingredients before I finally landed on this recipe. I suspect that there may be some minor changes over time, but it is a good starting point and the result can not be complained about.
The reason I started looking at this recipe was that I had a large amount of basil at home. I grow some spices hydroponically and the basil itself is excellent for this, so the kitchen window is filled with wonderful spices. I use basil for lots of things, but a good pesto is always great to throw together. With lots of pesto, I had to find a new area of use and then landed on this lasagna.
Even if the recipe says that you should use purchased pesto, it is of course just as good (if not better) to make your own pesto. It is very easy and a good way to use a larger amount of basil.
In the video for this recipe, I also used a little cream in the milk as I had a few tablespoons left over from another dish. This turned out really well and I could imagine using half milk and half cream with good results.
Should the minced chicken sauce get a little too dry, add some water. Together with the pesto sauce, it should add enough liquid so that the dry lasagne plates are cooked correctly in the oven. You can also add a bit more milk to the pesto sauce if needed.
Some similar recipes can be found here:
|Energy||4029.48 kcal||1007.37 kcal||216 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||221.81 g||55.45 g||11.89 g|
|Fat||261.73 g||65.43 g||14.03 g|
|Protein||176.66 g||44.17 g||9.47 g|
|Sugar||52.42 g||13.11 g||2.81 g|
|Salt||13.43 g||3.36 g||0.72 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Chop the onion and fry it in the oil until soft.
- Add the minced chicken and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic (sliced, chopped or pressed) and fry for a minute.
- Add vinegar, tomato puree, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix pesto, creme fraiche, milk and black pepper in a bowl.
- Layer minced chicken sauce, lasagne plates, cheese and pesto sauce. Finish with pesto sauce and cheese.
- Cook in oven, 200°C 30 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then serve with a simple salad.