Easy Rhubarb Cake
Easy summer cake with rhubarb.
A perfect summer cake that is easy, quick and contains only 5 ingredients. In this recipe, I melt the butter, but you could just let the butter soften at room temperature and mix in it later instead.
The cake is very good to serve hot (after it has rested for a few minutes) but it is also good to serve cold. It stays in the fridge for a few days and can also be frozen.
|Energy||3541.55 kcal||442.69 kcal||367 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||368.73 g||46.09 g||38.21 g|
|Fat||107.31 g||13.41 g||11.12 g|
|Protein||44.2 g||5.52 g||4.58 g|
|Sugar||229.09 g||28.64 g||23.74 g|
|Salt||1.74 g||0.22 g||0.18 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Use butter and coat the inside of a baking tin with breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter at low temperature.
- Beat eggs and sugar.
- Add the flour and whisk together quickly.
- Add the melted butter and mix until smooth.
- Rinse, peel and chop the rhubarb into 0.5-1cm small pieces.
- Fill the baking tin with the batter, spreading the rhubarb evenly over the batter.
- Bake in 175°C oven, 25-30 minutes until the cake starts to get a little color.
- Let the cake cool a bit before serving.
- Serve with vanilla custard, whipped cream or ice cream.