Vegetarian patties with zucchini
Simple vegetarian (but contains eggs!) steaks with zucchini and cheese. Perfect to fry directly in a frying pan with butter and serve with rice and mixed vegetables. However, I usually cook these in the oven and store them in the fridge to finish in a frying pan with butter on high heat.
If I fry these directly in a frying pan, I get around 20 smaller patties, but if I instead prepare these in the oven, I get 8 patties.
In the pictures I show the different areas of use I use them for. Partly as own patties served with vegetables and rice, but also as a substitute for beef in a vegetarian hamburger (with banana ketchup, mayonnaise, pickled red onion and more).
As an alternative to frying the patties directly in the frying pan, you can prepare them in the oven (which is good if you want to use them for hamburgers). On two baking with baking trays lined with baking paper, spoon 4 lumps of the batter onto each tray and shape into round patties. Heat the oven to 200°C and let the zucchini patties cook for about 20 minutes. Take them out, let them cool and then you can store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours. When it's time to eat them, heat up a frying pan, throw in a big lump of butter and fry them for a minute on each side.
|Energy||1520.75 kcal||380.19 kcal||136 kcal|
|Carbohydrates||148.16 g||37.04 g||13.25 g|
|Fat||70.78 g||17.7 g||6.33 g|
|Protein||75.25 g||18.81 g||6.73 g|
|Sugar||21.36 g||5.34 g||1.91 g|
|Salt||8.39 g||2.1 g||0.75 g|
* The nutritional information provided is approximate and is calculated using the ingredients available in the database. Info will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
- Rinse and grate the zucchini and spread out in an ovenproof form, tin or similar.
- Lightly salt (1 teaspoon) and leave for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible and place the zucchini in a larger bowl.
- Add finely chopped leeks, grated cheese, eggs, flour, breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Add cayenne pepper, oregano and salt and mix again.
- Try frying a smaller lump of zucchini batter in butter in a medium-hot frying pan and possibly adjust the zucchini batter with more salt if necessary.
- Fry each steak in butter for about 3-4 minutes on each side.